Monday, July 27, 2009

Departure and Transitions

There is nothing more telling about the people one works with than how they act when someone they truly respect leaves their job. My supervisor Joel is leaving Pacific after 10 years on campus first as a student, then as a grad student/staff member for Orientation, and then as Ph.D student and Assistant Director of Orientation. He leaves to pursue his career in psychology and an internship in Boise. 

From what I have seen it is difficult to imagine Pacific University without Joel. The student staff really looks up to Joel, he has a way of getting students to open up and talk thorough their problems. And in my short time here at Pacific I have learned a great deal from Joel. He is the kind of professional that I want to be someday. He is an extraordinary helper, a listener, and a relater and I have decided that Pacific will not be the same without him. 

So Joel, thank you for being an excellent supervisor to countless students and for helping me realize the kind of administrator I want to be. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment